We are having 2 Boys & 2 Girls!!!!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

26 weeks to the day

10/29/10
Friday
I started with contractions around 9pm but they were not consistent so i went to bed that night. I woke up at 2am with pain in the side of my back but i really wasn't sure if it was contractions are just pain from  having 4  babies. By 8am Saturday morning i knew what it was.......I told Michael and we watched the time to see if there was a pattern with the contractions...and there was! They were coming about 8 min apart so we called the Dr. and she said to meet her at the hospital. When we got to the hospital and set up in my room they were coming 2 to 3 min apart and coming very strong! They put me on Magnesium and gave me a shot of steroids for the babies lungs. The good news was that I was not dilated at all. But my cervix had softened. During Saturday night Baby D's heart rate was dropping and changing.....the doctors were concerned. They told us if it didn't become stable we may have to decide if we should risk her and stay pregnant or risk all and deliver. It was very scary but I felt in my heart that i would not have to make that decision because it would be alright. I didn't feel the babies were coming for a few more weeks. Sunday night, 2 more babies had a change (drop) in their heart rates. Again scary but then all heart rates leveled out by the next morning!!!
I was on mag for 2 days and received 2 rounds of the steroids. The mag was not fun but it worked. I was able to be moved from labor and deliver to a regular room by Monday afternoon. We went for an ultrasound that Monday morning....and my cervix was at a 19 which was good and still closed. The babies were weighed at:

26 weeks and 3 days
BABY A    1.13 pounds ounces
BABY B    2.2
BABY C    2.5
BABY D    1.14

No comments:

Post a Comment